Cube comes with a BDE component. When installing Cube, sometimes the BDE component does not install properly. This happens at the end of the installation and the user might receive the following errors.
The following steps should be taken in order to diagnose/solve this issue.
1. Go to Control Panel and search for BDE. Check if the BDE administrator is installed. In most cases, BDE administrator might be missing.
2. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Common Files\Bde" and check if all the BDE files are listed.
3. Run the Cube installer and let the installation run into the above mentioned issues. After that check Windows event log for events related to this issue. Check with developers. You should also try step 4 and 5, which might solve the issue.
4. Right click on the Cube installer and select properties. Go to Compatibilty and set-up the installer to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Run Cube installation again.
4. Download the BDEinstaller dll from http://citilabs-support-resources.s3.amazonaws.com/Tools/BdeInst.dll. Open a command prompt in administrator problem and run the following command. It should be run from the same location as the dll.
This should install the BDE component and solve the issue. If Cube is installed after this, the user should not run into the issues.
5. As a last result, install a old version of Cube (before 6. Version 5.1.3). This might install the BDE drivers. If successful, reinstall the new version of Cube.